IN SALUTATION TO THE ETERNAL PEACE By Sarojini Naidu



      EN say the world is full of fear and hate,
      And all life’s ripening harvest-fields await
      The restless sickle of relentless fate.
       
      But I, sweet Soul, rejoice that I was born,
      When from the climbing terraces of corn
      I watch the golden orioles of Thy morn.
       
      What care I for the world’s desire and pride,
      Who know the silver wings that gleam and glide,
      The homing pigeons of Thine eventide?
       
      What care I for the world’s loud weariness,
      Who dream in twilight granaries Thou dost bless
      With delicate sheaves of mellow silences?
       
      Say, shall I heed dull presages of doom,
      Or dread the rumoured loneliness and gloom,
      The mute and mythic terror of the tomb?
       
      For my glad heart is drunk and drenched with Thee,
      O inmost wine of living ecstasy!
      O intimate essence of eternity!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Hot Noon In Malabar By Kamaladas

SUMMER WOODS By Sarojini Naidu

Composition by Kamala Das